Sunday, January 14, 2007

Robert Burns

As a slight change, here is Kirkoswald Parish Church which was opened in 1777, having being built from a plan drawn by David, Earl of Cassillis, and completed by Robert Adam while he was working on Culzean Castle.

The church was restored and rededicated in 1997.

Rober Burns would have attended this church in 1776 when he was being educated in Kirkoswald village where his maternal grandparents, the Browns, lived.

No comments: