Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose?

Rather than the various beauty spots of Ayrshire, today's photograph is of an ex-industrial site Dunaskin



This had been turned into an industrial heritage site, but that has now folded and it's being used by Ayrshire Railway Preservation Group and Scotwest Auto Sport.

This 'reflection' on our past was triggered by an email I received from ex-colleagues from the computer manufacturing plant I used to work at for the 15 years before I retired. The company I started there with was taken over and later part of the company was sold off. The sold off business remained at the Ayr site, but now it is also closing and I haven't heard of anyone interested in the site. Another derelict factory?

However, as the following picture shows, nature will sucessfully colonise even slag heaps from Iron Works; in this case with apples. So I suppose there is hope for mankind yet!

No comments: